10.11.2011

hume lake

this past weekend i got to smell the crisp mountain air.. there is truly nothing like being up at hume.  since brooke is in joshua and had this weekend off (and i haven't seen her since june) and my parents just got back from italy & greece, we decided that we would meet up on the mountain and spend some sweet time together.  i must really love my family to drive 14 hours round trip to be together for less than 48 hours!  being up there where i have spent so much of my life, with family, was so good for my soul and even though we left so tired, we were so refreshed.

i loved getting to spend time with my sister and seeing her life up on the hill and in the building where i spent the same nine intense months.  we got to meet her friends and i am so excited about the community of solid kids she has around her. 

when we left on sunday it was so weird to me that we were leaving and she was staying there.  something about it still doesn't seem right.. she's the baby!  i don't think it's hit me yet that she doesn't live at home anymore.  baby girl is growing up!  spending time with my family isn't what it used to be.  i have always loved being with my family but as we get older the time we have together is so much more precious.  as brooke and i have gotten older my relationship with her has changed and the same with my parents.. and i love it.  i love that my sister, who for most of my life was annoying to me, is now one of my very best friends and is actually cooler than me.  how does that happen? haha.  and my parents who used to be my authority, not my friends, are suddenly my best friends.
i have been blessed with one incredible family.  and as family is always evolving and changing, i am so thankful for the little family i have with nick.


Gods presence at hume is evident and indescribable.
He is good and you can guarantee that He will meet you there.

amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment